Sherl & Co. Terms of Service
Thank you for choosing Sherl & Co. Please read the following Terms of Service carefully as it describes the terms and conditions incorporated and included into every Sherl & Co. project. It is the responsibility of you, the user, client(s), or prospective client(s) to read the terms and conditions below before accepting a Sherl & Co. Contract.
- The terms ‘we’, ‘our’, and ‘Calligrapher’ refers to Sherl & Co.
- The terms ‘Client(s)’, ‘you’, and ‘your’ refer to site customers, users, and clients of our services.
- The terms ‘Contract’ or “Invoice” refer to any customised services, plans, and fees that Calligrapher has created for Client.
Any estimated or personalised quotes expire 7 days after being submitted to Client. Client agrees that quotes are merely an estimate and pricing will only be confirmed upon an issuing of Invoice for payment. If the quote expires, Calligrapher may modify the quote and resubmit it to Client.
- A 50% deposit must be paid upon booking to secure the date and before any work commences on all orders. The remaining 50% is due on completion before shipping, in-person or online delivery.
- Bank transfers are preferred but other forms of payment can be discussed. Please be aware that other forms of payment may incur additional fees on Client’s side.
- All charges will be paid via invoice and must be paid within 14 business days of invoicing. Additional costs, such as changes requested by Client and shipping, will be billed separately.
- All payments are non-refundable.
Failure to pay any invoice within 14 business days from the date sent gives Calligrapher the right to discontinue providing Services until unpaid invoices are paid in full. Client’s failure to pay any invoice is also a breach of this agreement and Calligrapher reserves the right to terminate the agreement in its entirety.
- Client will be sent PDF proofs during the design process for checks on wording, layout, and spelling. It is Client’s responsibility to ensure that wording is exactly as required and there are no spelling mistakes or wrong information etc. Calligrapher will not be held responsible for any spelling mistakes or wrong information.
- If errors are discovered after final proof approval, Client will be charged for the time to rework and any necessary reprints.
- Please note that longer proofing rounds will push back the final completion date. It is recommended that Client revert to Calligrapher within 5 days between each proofing round. If proofs or information is not turned around in a timely fashion then your order may be subject to interruption from other orders.
- Calligrapher will provide one sketch and two proofs for bespoke designs. Any extra rounds of proofing will incur an hourly fee of £35.
- Client shall use all reasonable efforts to provide information, materials and approvals required for Calligrapher to complete a project. Any delays or failures on Client’s part will push back the final completion date and may result in project cancellation at the discretion of Calligrapher.
- Calligrapher agrees to use reasonable and diligent efforts to complete the Services in a timely fashion, subject to circumstances beyond the control of Calligrapher, including, but not limited to, delays in deliveries of materials, changes to the scope of the Services by Client, the failure by Client to timely provide instructions or information or any other cause beyond the control of Calligrapher.
Delivery & Shipping
- Orders will be dispatched to Client via the Royal Mail Special Delivery, SingPost or an alternative courier service where available. This will require a signature to provide Sherl & Co. with proof of receipt. A tracking number will be provided to Client upon item dispatch.
- Postage and packing will be charged based on weight from Royal Mail or SingPost, and will be invoiced separately once your items have been created and weighed, for accuracy.
- Collection is welcome if you are local but must be pre-arranged.
- For delivery to overseas countries, please contact us and we will be able to quote you a delivery cost by sourcing the best form of postage for these jobs. Please note that goods posted from outside the UK or Singapore may be subject to local custom charges. Sherl & Co. accepts no responsibility for delays in shipping or duty charges.
- Sherl & Co. accepts no responsibility for items lost in the post or delayed due to postal strikes or circumstances out of our control. Scheduled delivery dates are given as estimates only. If the Client’s goods do not arrive as scheduled or it does not arrive, it is the responsibility of Client to pursue the goods in transit.
- Sherl & Co. owns the copyright for all designs produced, and the right to use designs and samples of Client’s stationery for any business marketing purposes. This includes photographing and using them on social media and website, including them in sample packs and displaying them at wedding fairs and events.
- Client, or any third party, cannot copy, modify or reproduce any of our designs from the PDF proofs sent to you by the Calligrapher.
- Any unauthorised reproduction, modification, copying or printing of Calligrapher’s existing, partial or bespoke designs and products is strictly prohibited.
STYLE. Upon agreement of Contract, Client acknowledges they have spent a satisfactory amount of time reviewing Calligrapher’s work with a reasonable expectation that their bespoke designs will be produced in a similar manner and style.
CONSISTENCY. Calligrapher will use reasonable efforts to ensure Client’s designs are produced in a style and manner consistent with Calligrapher’s existing portfolio. Calligrapher will try to incorporate any suggestions Client makes. However, Client understands and agrees that:
- Every client and wedding is different, with different tastes, budgets, and needs;
- Calligrapher will use their personal artistic judgment to create and edit designs for Client, which may not include strict adherence to Client’s suggestions;
- Dissatisfaction with Calligrapher’s aesthetic judgement or artistic ability are not valid reasons for termination of the Project Contract or any requests for refunds.
Cancellation & Rescheduling
Performance of Services by Calligrapher may be cancelled or rescheduled according to the following circumstances:
CLIENT DESIRES TO RESCHEDULE OR CANCEL SERVICES. If the Client desires to reschedule or cancel Services of Calligrapher for any reason at any time, then Client shall provide Notice to Calligrapher as soon as possible. Please note the following:
- Providing Notice will not relieve Client of any payment obligations.
- Calligrapher will not be obligated to refund any portion of monies Client has previously paid to Calligrapher.
- Calligrapher reserves the right to decide if Services may be re-booked based on existing project schedules following Client’s cancellation or rescheduling.
FAILURE TO PERFORM SERVICES. In the event Calligrapher cannot or will not perform her obligations in any or all parts of this Agreement, she (or a responsible party) will:
- Immediately give Notice to Client;
- Issue a refund or credit based on a reasonably accurate percentage of Services rendered; and
- Excuse Client of further performance obligations in this Agreement.
Sherl & Co. is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining it throughout.
We use the information you provide us to take payment for any goods/services you have ordered. We may also use the details you provide us for marketing purposes such as informing you of new products, services and special offers available. If you have submitted your contact information to us through an enquiry, order or wedding show and you do not wish to receive any further contact from Sherl & Co., then you must confirm this to us on the contact form on our website. You can also reply to the email with OPT-OUT or click unsubscribe to be removed from our contacts list.
If we have a query in relation to your order, it is normal for us to make contact with you via telephone or email.
We will only pass your details on to third parties for possible marketing purposes; however, we will only do so if we have your approval.
Sherl & Co. will not disclose your payment details to any third party at any time. We are committed to maintaining the security of your payment information.